May 26, 2016

Date With An Agent 2016

A couple of months ago I entered a competition to win a spot on this year's Date With An Agent. I was delighted to receive an email on April 7th, telling me I had been selected as one of 75 authors who would get to pitch their work to representatives from some of the most prestigious literary agencies in the business.

The big day is almost upon me. I'll be pitching Lady Raven. Just so you know, this in no way affects my plans for Blackened Wings. That book is nearly ready to go to my editor (and details for how you can help crowdfund it will be posted soon), and it will be released earlier this year.

What I'm hoping to gain from this is representation by an agency that can steer me towards a proper book deal, one that'll get my books into bookstores and supermarkets, and while I'm at it, bring me closer to the dream of a movie deal ;-)

I've taken tomorrow off work to do my last-minute prep. It's going to be an intensive weekend, because aside from my pitch session, there will be panels and discussions, and chances to meet agents face to face, and get to know more Irish authors, which is always rewarding.

Wish me luck!

PS: This is also a really good time to leave reviews on Amazon if you've read any of my books ;-)

2 comments: