Feb 6, 2014

Book Updates

I figured it was high time for an update to let people know how 2014 is going, writing-wise.

Carver and McCain
This book, working title Candlelight, is proving a fun project. I enjoy world-building and it feels good to be working on an investigative story again. Actual wordcount is slow going, but that's because I've not been getting much sleep, and it's difficult to keep up momentum when you'd rather take a nap ;-)

Overall, though, I'm feeling good about this new series. The more I work on it, the more I want to do.

Lady Raven
I haven't yet polished up the manuscript to get it ready for my editor, but it's getting a lot of interest locally. I don't have a firm release date yet, but I really need to start looking into venues for the launch...

Final Hope
The big one. :-D

My editor is moving into line edits, having been quite pleased with what I've done so far. There's still the possibility that a lot could change, but it's a fantastic boost to hear my editor say such positive things so early in the process.

As part of the promotion for Final Hope, WiDo will also be releasing another short story as a mini-prequel. Where the previous short story focused on Cynthia, and how she was dealing with the events of Locked Within, this story will focus on Nathan and Elena, and how they cope in the cold, potentially lonely Christmas between Silent Oath and Final Hope.

I hope everyone's as excited for these as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment