Jul 23, 2013

Two and a half months

That's how long until Silent Oath is released.

It's getting close to that hectic time when the normal slow pace of bring a writer jumps to warp speed. Things start happening so fast you don't realise how quickly time is moving on until you wake up one morning and realise there's a book out there with your name on the cover, and people are paying to read it!

Soon I'll receive my ARCs and get to see my new cover. I'll have to send in my dedication and acknowledgements. It'll start to feel real.

I was worried I wouldn't be as excited this time. Everyone's nervous and excited the first time they earn an achievement or try something new. All too often, the thrill can be just a novelty that fades a little the next time. But I'm feeling that little knot in the pit of my stomach. My heart beats faster thinking about what I have left to prepare. I wonder what people will think? Will it be successful? Will it encourage new people to read my books, or will it mostly only be read by people who picked up Locked Within last year?

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be planning my promotion for Silent Oath, including getting back to volunteers for street team duties and early reviews. I'll be preparing blog posts discussing the new book, how writing it differed from writing the first one, and how I feel about the way Nathan Shepherd's story has evolved over time.

If there's anything anyone would like to see me discuss in relation to the book, or questions you'd like to ask, now's the time to let me know.

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome. And I would expect it to be nerve wracking each and every time. Hey - look at JK writing under a pen name. Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I expect I'll feel nervous with each new release. I want to be able to support my family with my writing, and every kind word or shared update brings me a step closer to that goal.

      Delete
  2. Just wait until the approach of the third book's release. I think the tension only mounts with each one.

    ReplyDelete