Oct 23, 2012

Locked Within Soundtrack: Europa (Instrumental)


I like a lot of music. I have playlists from my music collection and on Youtube to make sure I have access to everything I want to listen to while writing.

Globus are the commercial front of a group called Immediate Music, who are one of many groups that produce stock music for use in movie trailers and tv promos. The track above is a version of their song, "Europa," with the lead singer's vocals removed.

I can't help but feel my heart race when I listen to it. It really gets my adrenaline going. Some music, when I listen to it, I feel like I need to write or break into a run just to let the energy out, or I'll burst.

This track quickly became my go-to piece for thinking of Nathan in his Big Damn Hero moments. As such, there's a particular moment in the novel where I like to imagine this track would be playing in the background if it were a movie. I think you'll know it when you get to it.

1 comment:

  1. That soundtrack is amazing. I can see why you use it......that's action sorted, I now need something for melancholy, lust, hilarity and suspense lol
    if you have any suggestions they'd be gratefully received.
    fitchick@ntlworld.com

    ReplyDelete