Apr 23, 2012

Writing and Editing Update

It's been a while since I talked about how things are going, writing-wise. I've got a new editor at WiDo, and over the weekend I went over her notes on my ms. So far I think we're very much on the same wavelength. I love her comments and her advice is great. I still have a lot of work to do, but we're getting close to the last push.

I've got a new WIP in the works as well. Having finished writing the sequel to Locked Within I've decided to take a break from that series for a little while and write a YA superhero dystopian called Origin. I'm really enjoying this. I'm only about 5,000 words in but I have the story planned out. It'll hopefully be a standalone novel, assuming I can fit the plot into a reasonable length.

I'm aiming to be finished the first draft of Origin by July. My goal is to be able to query it around the same time as the sequel to Locked Within, which is changing title from Silent Oath to Amongst Wolves. With Locked Within due to come out in October or November, I want to do whatever I can to have another book out next year as well.

It's kind of scary to be at the start of both processes again. Writing with Origin and soon querying with Amongst Wolves. I know there's no guarantee of either one being accepted by my publisher, so I want to make sure they're both as good as possible before going ahead, which is why I'm taking my time.

How is everyone else? Whatcha reading and working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment