Feb 13, 2012

Epic Music: Skyrim

I thought I'd take time this week to share some favourite epic music. This is the kind of thing I listen to for inspiration when writing or planning a roleplaying game session.

Today's track comes from the video game Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.


I'm a sucker for marches and anthems, especially when, like this, they could easily be used as the backing track for an epic battle sequence or montage. I like that the words have some meaning, too. Often a choir for a film or video game score will just vocalise wordlessly for choral melody, so it's always a treat when work has gone into lyrics (even in a fictional language) for a choir.

I don't know about you, but I wanna go slay some dragons!

2 comments:

  1. I wanna take on the world! LOL, this music is so epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Whenever you fight a dragon in the game, this music starts playing. Hard not to get swept up in it!

    ReplyDelete